Developing and implementing a Big Data strategy is vital if you want to stay in business in the coming years. Big Data offers so many benefits to organizations and research indicates that companies leveraging Big Data financially outperform their peers by 20% or more. So, if you do not want to be left behind, you should focus on Big Data now.
But what is Big Data? How should you develop a Big Data Strategy? What can Big Data do for your organization and how should you deal with the privacy aspect of Big Data? Important questions to ask that can be difficult to answer without sufficient knowledge on Big Data.
This unique Big Data Strategy training focuses on Big Data from a business perspective and will provide you with all the knowledge and valuable insights to develop a successful and winning Big Data strategy. This is the only training available that focuses on Big Data from a strategic point of view.
Duration Learning Credits
1 day-8 hours of 8 PDU’s
Public Classroom Pricing:
Early Bird Price: CAD 649.00
Regular Price: CAD 799.00
Instructor-Led Virtual Live Pricing:
Early Bird Price: CAD 549.00
Regular Price: CAD 699.00
Private Group / In-House Learning:
Have a group of 5 or more people?
Register yourself with a special pricing and
request the training exclusively
1. Big Data History
● Explanation of the vast moving times we are living in and how that affects organizations
● Group exercise to understand one’s data requirements / dreams
2. 7 V’s of a Big Data Strategy
● Explanation of the 7 V’s of Big Data and how that affects your Big Data Strategy.
● Volume, Variety, Velocity, Veracity, Variability, Visualization and Value
3. Important Big Data Trends
● The Mobile Revolution, requiring a different Big Data approach
● The Internet of Things
● The Industrial Internet
● The Quantified Self
● Big Social Data
● Open / Public Data
4. Big Data Techniques
● Market overview
● Hadoop and MapReduce
● Various ways of analysing your data
● Data mining
● Machine learning
● Descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics
5. Privacy & Ethics
● Big Data ownership
● 4 ethical guidelines
● Big Data security
6. Big Data Roadmap
● Key characteristics data-driven company
● Big Data ROI
● Big Data on the Balance sheet
● Big Data Governance
● Developing a Big Data strategy
● Big Data use case framework – 9 generic Big Data use cases
7. Big Data within your organization
● Big Data and Marketing / PR
● Big Data and Human Resources
● Best Practices of Big Data
The Big Data Strategy Training is tailored towards decision-makers, marketers, operations managers, supply-chain managers, HR managers, sales representatives, IT personnel and/or financial controllers who want to learn more about Big Data and what it can do for their organization
Three use cases of target audiences:
1. Senior VP of Marketing large American retail chain
The Big Data training helped me understand how to make use of different customer data sources in order to offer the right product at the right moment to the right customer via the right channel. Developing a Big Data strategy is not easy, but this training enabled me to prepare the board for our Big Data strategy.
2. Operations Manager at a Regional European Manufacturer Company
We have been thinking about making a move to become a smart factory, but we did not have a common understanding of what Big Data meant and what it could do for our organization. Since we took this training, we now understand the different important aspects to take into account when starting with Big Data. We expect our smart factory to be operational shortly.
3. IT Employee for a Local Australian Telecom Company
My manager asked me to take this training in order to better understand the business aspects of Big Data. Of course I have heard about Big Data, but I am not a Big Data scientist. This training helped me better understand how we should approach Big Data. In addition, I now know that I want to take more technical courses to actually become a Big Data Scientist
By the end of the course, you understand what big data is and how it affects your organization.
● You will learn how to develop a big data strategy
● You will learn about 8 important trends that affect any big data strategy.
● Big Data brings great responsibility. You will learn how to ensure the privacy of your customers and what the four ethical guidelines are.
● Big data requires new technologies, in this course you will learn about the most important ones and how they affect your company.
● Big data will only become bigger and those brontobytes will become common language in the boardroom. You will understand where big data is heading to and how that affects your organization.