Emotional intelligence describes the ability to understand one’s own feelings. It also provides great insight on how emotion influences motivation and behavior. The concepts of Emotional Intelligence have been around since the early 20th century, but the term was first introduced by Wayne Payne in 1985.
With our Emotional Intelligence workshop you will gain a better understanding of self-management and self-awareness. This in turn will give you better insight and control over your actions and emotions. With a greater understanding of emotions you will experience a positive impact on your professional and personal lives.
Duration Learning Credits
1 day-8 hours of 8 PDU’s
Public Classroom Pricing:
Early Bird Price: CAD 649.00
Regular Price: CAD 799.00
Instructor-Led Virtual Live Pricing:
Early Bird Price: CAD 549.00
Regular Price: CAD 699.00
Private Group / In-House Learning:
Have a group of 5 or more people?
Register yourself with a special pricing and
request the training exclusively
Module One: What is Emotional Intelligence?
● Self Awareness
Module Two: Four Skills in Emotional Intelligence
● How to Accurately Perceive Emotions
● Use Emotions to Facilitate Thinking
● Understand Emotional Meanings
● Manage Emotions
Module Three: Verbal Communication Skills
● Focused Listening
● Asking Questions
● Communicating with Flexibility and Authenticity
Module Four: Non-Verbal Communication Skills
● Body Language
● The Signals You Send to Others
● It’s Not What You Say, It’s How You Say It
Module Five: Social Management and Responsibility
● Benefits of Emotional Intelligence
● Articulate your Emotions Using Language.
Module Six: Tools to Regulate Your Emotions
● Seeing the Other Side
● Self-Management and Self Awareness
● Giving in Without Giving Up
Module Seven: Gaining Control
● Using Coping Thoughts
● Using Relaxation Techniques
● Bringing it All Together
Module Eight: Business Practices (I)
● Understand Emotions and How to Manage Them in the Workplace
● Role of Emotional Intelligence at Work
● Disagreeing Constructively
Module Nine: Business Practices (II)
● The Balance Between Optimism & Pessimism
Module Ten: Making an Impact
● Creating a Powerful First Impression
● Assessing a Situation
● Being Zealous without Being Offensive
Module Eleven: Wrapping Up
● Words from the Wise
● Review of Parking Lot
● Lessons Learned
● Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations
Anybody who is interested in learning Emotional intelligence Skills
● Understand Emotional Intelligence competency framework.
● Assess and understand current Emotional Intelligence level.
● Understand technique for being highly positive and energetic.
● Understand how emotions can influence thoughts, goals, relationships, decision making ability, etc.
● Understand the importance of high expectations and pressure and how to go through it.
● Understand how to be an emotionally strong person, who can handle emotions.
● Understand how to be a responsible person, who does not believe in blame/complain.
● Understand techniques to develop your emotional intelligence on the job.