This Course provides an understanding of basic fundamental Principles of testing including the fundamental test Process and testing terminology. It explains how testing activities support development activities across different software development models. The Course provides an overview of both static and dynamic testing techniques and how to apply these. It introduces you to test Management issues including test planning and estimation, Risk-based testing, and incident Management. It also covers tool support for testing, benefits and potential Risks of tools, and an effective Process to introduce these into an organization.
Holders of the Foundation Certificate will be able to go on to a higher-level software testing qualification.
Duration Learning Credits
1 day-8 hours of 8 PDU’s
Public Classroom Pricing:
Early Bird Price: CAD 649.00
Regular Price: CAD 799.00
Instructor-Led Virtual Live Pricing:
Early Bird Price: CAD 549.00
Regular Price: CAD 699.00
Private Group / In-House Learning:
Have a group of 5 or more people?
Register yourself with a special pricing and
request the training exclusively
Fundamentals of Testing
● Why is testing necessary?
● What is testing?
● Seven Testing Principles
● Fundamental Test Process
● The Psychology of Testing
● Code of Ethics
Testing Throughout the Software Life Cycle
● Software Development Models
● Test Levels
● Test Types
● Maintenance Testing
● Static Techniques and the Test Process
● Review Process
● Static Analysis by Tools
Test Design Techniques
● The Test Development Process
● Categories of Test Design Techniques
● Specification-Based or Black-Box Techniques
● Structure-Based or White-Box Techniques
● Experience-Based Techniques
● Choosing Test Techniques
● Test Organization
● Test Planning and Estimation
● Test Progress Monitoring and Control
● Configuration Management
● Risk and Testing
● Incident Management
Tool Support for Testing
● Types of Test Tools
● Effective Use of Tools: Potential Benefits and Risks
● Introducing a Tool into an Organization
Software Developers and Testers
● Use a common language for efficient and effective communication with other testers and project stakeholders.
● Understand established testing concepts, the fundamental test Process, test approaches, and Principles to support test Objectives.
● Design and prioritize tests using established techniques.
● Analyze functional and nonfunctional specifications, such as performance and usability, at all test levels for systems with a low to medium level of complexity.
● Execute tests according to agreed test plans, and analyze and report on the results of tests.
● Write clear and understandable incident reports.
● Participate effectively in reviews of small to medium-sized projects.
● Describe different types of testing tools and their uses, and assist in the selection and implementation Process